
I climbed up to the Upper Lodge at Bogus Basin. There is still a lot of snow up there! The resort actually closes this weekend for the season. It is impressive it is still open this late in the month. I have never climbed up to Bogus in April with so much snow on the roads. It is melting fast, though. I rode though lots of runoff. My bike needs a bath now for sure.
I love climbing into the pine trees from Boise: it makes me feel like I am in Colorado again. And I think it brings me back to my childhood roots of summers spent in McCall. Being in the mountains and pine trees is special to me. And I love climbing on my bike and thinking. So many things went through my head as I rounded each turn, getting higher and higher. I have spent many moments of my life in the mountains above Boise and they went through me as I climbed to Bogus. It was a great training day and a great day for the soul as well.
Posted by Picasa