Monday, December 19, 2005

A Winter Adventure


Yesterday I rode for five hours outside. It was under 10 degrees with the wind-chill. I felt so tough for staying out that long. A few people walking their dogs on the trails called me crazy. I was in full agreement. I had so many layers on that it was funny. Here is a picture of me minus the gaiter I wore around my neck that covered my whole face. I left that off in the picture so you can tell it is me. I think the goggles are the best part of my look. I will never go back to sunglasses again in cold weather. They make a huge difference. Why didn’t I think of wearing goggles before now? I actually didn’t get that cold since I was on the dirt and snow most of the time on my cross bike, so I wasn’t zipping along on pavement. I only wiped out once which was good. But all my layers cushioned my fall. My biggest piece of advice for winter-climate riders out there is to get some goggles. You will be stylin’ like me…and much warmer out there!